ZFP Touchscreen Controlled Addressable Fire Panel
- A feature-rich touchscreen-controlled addressable fire panel available with 1, 2 or 4 Apollo XP95/Discovery compatible loop drivers (see Key Features section for a full list of ZFP features).
- Third-party certified to EN54 parts 2 & 4.
- Multiple off-the-shelf variants or build your own panel using our ZFP selection charts.
- Rapid loop learn, flexible cause & effects and powerful system diagnostics.
- Hi-integrity fault-tolerant RS485 networking option allows up to 128 network nodes (64 main panels and 64 Compact Controllers).
- Optional ‘A-Bus’ expansion PCBs, paging and graphic interface facilities.
- Intuitive PC programming tools.
- Medium and large sized ZFPs also available with 2, 4, 6 or 8 loops.
Technical Specifications about ZFP Touchscreen Controlled Addressable Fire Panel
|Approvals/certifications||Certified to EN54-2/4 by the LPCB (0832-CPD-0758).|
|Mains supply||230V 50/60Hz.|
|Mains rated current||1.35A maximum.|
|Internal power supply||27Vdc nominal.|
|Total output current limited to||5A @ 230Vac (Imax.A 4A; Imin. 12mA).|
|Battery charge capacity||7Ah min to 18Ah max.|
|Quiescent current||Varies depending on the panel’s configuration – refer to our ZFP loop/battery calculation tool for details.|
|Max battery size and type||2 x 12V 18Ah VRLA connected in series.|
|No. of loop drivers||1, 2 or 4 (dependent on model purchased).|
|Max. loop output current||500mA (25V min; 34V max).|
|Max. loop length||1KM.|
|Max. addressable devices per loop||126.|
|No. of conventional sounder circuits||2 (Max. length per circuit is 500m).|
|EOL resistor value||6800Ω ۵% Tol. 0/25W (blue, grey, red, gold).|
|Max. sounder output current||2 x 1A.|
|Auxiliary relays||2 x Programmable Relays (programmable from C&Es). 1 x Fault Relay (active when no faults are present). Volt free single pole changeover. Max. switch current 1A; Max. switch voltage 30Vdc.|
|Other outputs||24V Aux. Power (19.5V min, 28V max). Protected by a resettable fuse. Max. current 100mA.|
|Auxiliary inputs||2 x Programmable Inputs (programmable from C&Es). Connect to 0V to trigger, Max. input voltage 27V (non-latching).|
|PC connection||Via a galvanically isolated USB socket on the Z41 control module.|
|Pager/DECT connection||RS232. ESPA compatible.|
|Graphics interface/diagnostics connection||RS485. Drax compatible.|
|Network connection||RS485 hi-integrity multi-path fault tolerant network connection via optional ZHN network card. Max 128 network nodes (up to 64 main panels & 64 compact controllers).|
|Indicators||Full-colour 480 x 272 pixel touchscreen, all relevant EN54 indicators plus 5 programmable indicators. Additional indicators dependent on Switch & Indicator module fitted.|
|Controls||Interactive touchscreen with menu sensitive buttons; 1 x keyswitch allowing direct access to Access Level 2. Additional controls dependent on Switch & Indicator module fitted.|
|Connections||Fixed, largest acceptable conductor size 1mm2.|
|Expansion connections||RS485 peripheral bus connection allows the connection of up to 15 ‘A-Bus’ PCBs (2 control cores plus screen plus 2 cores for power).|
|Product dimensions (mm)||450 W x 462 H x 127 D.|
|Construction & finish||Light grey textured mild steel, 1.2mm Zintec. RAL7035 epoxy paint.|
|Operating conditions/temperature||-5ºC to +40ºC. Max relative humidity: 95%.|
|1 Loop Variants||ZFP1/X (Blank Module); ZFP1/20/X (20 Zonal LEDs); ZFP1/40/X (40 Zonal LEDs); ZFP1/20P/X (20 Zonal LEDs, Printer, 2 Keyswitches); ZFP1/40P/X (40 Zonal LEDs, Printer, 2 Keyswitches)|
|2 Loop Variants||ZFP2/X (Blank Module); ZFP2/20/X (20 Zonal LEDs); ZFP2/40/X (40 Zonal LEDs); ZFP2/20P/X (20 Zonal LEDs, Printer, 2 Keyswitches); ZFP2/40P/X (40 Zonal LEDs, Printer, 2 Keyswitches)|
|4 Loop Variants||ZFP4/X (Blank Module); ZFP4/20/X (20 Zonal LEDs); ZFP4/40/X (40 Zonal LEDs); ZFP4/20P/X (20 Zonal LEDs, Printer, 2 Keyswitches); ZFP4/40P/X (40 Zonal LEDs, Printer, 2 Keyswitches)|
|6 Loop Variants||N/A.|
|8 Loop Variants||N/A.|
|Product dimensions:||450 W x 462 H x 127 D mm.|
|Hole required for semi-flush mounting:||456 W x 468 H x 122 D mm. Requires ZBEZS bezel.|
|Optional ZBEZDS/SS Glazed Stainless Steel Frame and ZRDOORS Tamper Resistant Door also available (see Accessories tab for details)|
Key Features of ZFP Touchscreen Controlled Addressable Fire Panel
- Certified to EN54 parts 2 and 4 by Intertek.
- Apollo XP95/Discovery protocol.
- Attractive 450 x 462 x 127mm cabinet (medium and large sized cabinets also available).
- Up to 4 loops per panel (6 to 8 loops available in medium and large sized cabinets).
- Up to 64 eight-loop peer to peer panel network capacity.
- Hi-integrity and singlepath networking options.
- Very flexible cause and effects.
- Wide range of Switch & Indicator modules.
- Multiple ‘A-Bus’ expansion PCBs (I/O Units, Relays, etc).
- User-friendly full colour touchscreen with dynamic buttons and virtual QWERTY keyboard.
- Up to 100 separate and programmable zonal LEDs (200 on medium and large sized cabinets).
- 10,000 programmable and indicatable detection zones.
- Up to 38 characters of custom text per loop device.
- Automatic daylight saving (BST/GMT) mode.
- 20,000+ event memory (filterable by fire, fault & date).
- Non-fire supervisory event functionality.
- Optional thermal printers.
- Well-designed cabinets with easily removable electronics chassis.
- 20-way heavy-duty brass earth bar as standard.
- 72-hour standby (+ 30 min alarm) in standard cabinets.
- Built-in loop status & current-reading.
- Powerful engineering and commissioning functions including SafeMode and DeviceManager.
- Attractive Compact Controllers.
- Wide range of flush-fit bezels and attractive glazed stainless steel frames
- FULLY compatible with C-TEC manufactured addressable ancillaries (Hush Buttons, Sounders, Voice Sounders and Beacons)
- Powerful and intuitive PC programming tools • Wide range of supported languages
TAKING FIRE ALARM TECHNOLOGY TO A NEW LEVEL
Every once in a while a product comes along that lifts existing, respected technology to another level. C-TEC’s ZFP is one such product.
Created with the input of some of the world’s leading fire alarm and life safety experts, the ZFP is the powerful touchscreen controlled fire alarm panel that everyone’s been waiting for.
Designed and built in the UK, the panel can be configured to suit any application. From small ‘one out, all out’ systems to large multi-loop networked systems with sophisticated cause and effects, the ZFP can handle them all – with ease.
TOUCH AND GO
Everything about the ZFP’s unique full-colour touchscreen interface has been designed with the user in mind.
Simply tap the option you require and away you go. Whether you’re the responsible person on site, the installer, the commissioning engineer or the emergency services, you can access the information you require quickly and easily – all at the touch of a virtual button.
Powerful diagnostics, rapid loop learn, ‘SafeMode’ and a unique ‘DeviceManager’ function combine to make the ZFP one of the most user friendly control panels on the market.
MIX AND MATCH
Mix and match is the name of the game with the ZFP and, with three master cabinets to choose from, you’re spoilt for choice.
Depending on the cabinet you choose, extra indicator and switch modules can be added, along with additional loop driver PCBs, high-integrity network PCBs, ‘A-BUS’ peripheral PCBs, flush mounting bezels, glazed stainless steel frames and more.
With a wide range of ‘off-the-shelf’ ZFPs also available, getting the panel you need for a specific application has never been easier.
With its classy Compact Controllers, the ZFP not only does the job, it looks the part too.
Worried that your plush new reception area is going to be compromised by an ugly metal box in the main entrance? Think again! The ZFP’s optional state-of-theart
Compact Controllers are stylish, smart and can actually enhance the design of a building’s reception area and access points. Simply locate the main panel out of sight and let the ZFP’s modern high-tech Compact Controllers add a touch of class to your surroundings.
Never before has networking a fire panel been so trouble-free.
Creating a sophisticated fire alarm system for an airport, hospital, university, tower block, hotel, football stadium or other large building is just a few steps up from establishing a simple ‘one out, all out’ system for a small factory unit.
Up to 64 eight-loop panels can be interconnected over the ZFP’s high-integrity fault tolerant network. This versatility, coupled with the ability to assign individual zones across the network and add up to 38 characters of custom text per device means letting the emergency services know the precise location of a fire has never been easier.
“I don’t make fire panels, I install them, but this is the fire panel I would have designedif I was an R&D engineer. The ZFP has virtually every feature you can think of and its touchscreen interface makes installation, commissioning and servicing very easy.”
DAVID KEY, PHOENIX FIRE
AND THAT’S NOT ALL!
For specialist installation companies and commissioning engineers, the ZFP has no equal.
Features such as a fully filterable 20,000+ event memory, optional paging facilities, powerful 500mA loop drivers with plug-on connectors, spacious cabinets with a 20-way earth bar, the ability to achieve up to 72 hours standby in a standard cabinet and intuitive PC programming tools combine to make the ZFP a very special fire panel indeed.
All this and full compliance with EN54 parts 2 and 4 means that the ZFP is rapidly becoming the fire panel of choice for the fire industry worldwide.
click here for other C-Tec posts