The Fireray® 50R/100R series of reflective infrared optical beam smoke detectors are comprised of a single unit incorporating an infrared Transmitter and Receiver. The signal is reflected by a prism and analysed for smoke presence. The system is designed to be mounted so that the beam will project between 0.3 and 0.6 metres below and parallel to the ceiling. Lateral detection may be up to 7.5 metres either side of the beam.
Fireray® 50R/100R Key Benefits
- Single Compact Housing
- Area coverage 50 metre or 100 metre model available
- 12-24 Vdc Operation
- Low current Consumption
- Robust Construction
- Conforms to: BS5839 Part 5 and EN54 part 12, UL and VdS
The Fireray® 50R/100R series of reflective infrared optical beam smoke detectors provide economical and effective protection of large, open plan spaces with high ceilings, particularly if access to ‘point type’ smoke detectors presents practical difficulties.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: The infrared beam path MUST be kept clear of obstructions at all times! Failure to comply may result in the system initiating a Fire or Fault signal
• Detector installation must comply with local regulations. UL listed products must comply with NFPA72
• Ensure clear line of sight between Detector and Reflector – it is recommended at least 0.5m radius of clear space be maintained around the centre of the beam path
• Mount securely to solid structural surfaces
• Position beam as high as possible, but with a minimum distance of 0.5m from Detector to ceiling. For installations complying with UL268/NFPA72, the maximum distance of Detector and Reflector from the ceiling must be 10% of the distance between floor and ceiling
• Mount Detector and Reflector directly opposite each other
• Do NOT position Detector where personnel or objects can enter beam path
• Do NOT position two Detectors facing each other
• Do NOT install the Detector or Reflector in environments where condensation or icing are likely to occur
• For ranges between 5m and 50m, use a 50m Detector with 1 Reflector.
• For ranges between 50m and 100m, use a 100m Detector with 4 Reflectors.
for other beam detectors CLICK HERE.